- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Finger Lakes National Forest
Finger Lakes National Forest Review
On a ridge between the southern ends of Cayuga and Seneca lakes, 9 mi north of Watkins Glen, the national forest offers more than 30 mi of easy-to-moderate hiking trails through a variety of terrain. The land was patched together when the federal government purchased about 100 farms between 1938 and 1941. The forest encompasses 16,032 acres, so you might feel like you have the place to yourself—regardless of whether you're camping, cross-country skiing, fishing, or hunting. The forest's altitude is higher than most surrounding points, so great vistas are yours for the hiking. Trail maps are available at some trailheads and at the visitor center.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
I shared in the lounge in Dec about 2 instances where people did a kindness towards me. Read more
· News & Features
The East Coast's preeminent wine region stretches in the rolling hills between the three main Finger Lakes,... Read more
Sometimes, a girl just needs to get away for the weekend for a little relaxation and rejuvenation.... Read more