The Finger Lakes Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Finger Lakes Restaurant Reviews
The larger cities offer a full range of dining options, from trendy restaurants to ethnic eateries. Ithaca and Rochester, in particular, are havens for vegetarian and ethnic fare. Some restaurants outside the urban areas are increasingly emphasizing fresh, local, and organic cuisine. Regional wines often show up on menus. (The region's Rieslings, which have garnered high praise, are perfect summer and early-fall sips.) But American restaurants, diners, family-style spots, and pizza parlors are still the norm; steaks, chops, and prime rib are standards, as are Italian-American dishes. For the full Finger Lakes experience, be sure to visit pick-your-own orchards, farmers' markets, and wine-tasting rooms. The Web site of Edible Finger Lakes magazine (www.ediblefingerlakes.com) is a good resource, as are tourism boards and wine-trail organizations.
Browse The Finger Lakes Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's