- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Naples Creek, which runs through the center of town and northward into Canandaigua Lake, is known for its rainbow-trout spawning runs. The creek is the site of the local Rotary Club's April 1 Naples Creek Rainbow Trout Derby, which draws more than 500 anglers from all over the state. 585/374-2782.
Ron Irland, who works as a commercial fisherman in Massachusetts from July through September, has been running his Reel Magic Charters on the southern end of Canandaigua Lake from April through June for almost 30 years. You may wind up catching lake, rainbow, or brown trout. All equipment is included. 8 Cohocton St., Naples, NY, 14512. 585/374-5197.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's