- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Surrounded by gentle hills, this small village sits at the southern end of Canandaigua Lake. It's a haven for artists as well as a favorite with visitors, who appreciate the spectacular scenery, especially in fall when the foliage is bursting with color. The village dates from 1789, and you can see several early landmarks here. These include the Memorial Town Hall, built in 1872 as a tribute to those who fought in the Civil War; a pioneer cemetery with graves of Revolutionary War veterans; and the 1850 Old Red Mill, which now houses the town historian's vast collection. Home to Widmer Wine Cellars, the community is famous for its grape pie and prides itself on all things grape. Even the fire hydrants here are painted purple.
Naples at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Finger Lakes
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's