- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Ithaca is served by one small airport, 5 mi northeast of town. Flying into Syracuse is an option. The nearest interstate highway is Interstate 81 (the route to Syracuse), about 20 mi east of town. Getting to Ithaca by car means at least 20 mi of driving along rural state routes. Greyhound and Trailways serve Ithaca and the city has a bus system, but a car by far is the best way to get around.
Ithaca Tompkins Regional Airport. 72 Brown Rd., ; north of Rte. 13, 4½ mi northeast of downtown, Ithaca, NY, 14850. 607/257–0456. www.flyithaca.com.
Adirondack, Pine Hill, and New York Trailways (800/776-7548, 800/225-6815, or 800/858-8555 www.trailwaysny.com). Greyhound. 800/231-2222. www.greyhound.com.
Cayuga Medical Center at Ithaca. 101 Harris B. Dates Dr., Ithaca, NY. 607/274-4011. www.cayugamed.org.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe