- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
One of the world's glass centers, Corning has an appropriate nickname: Crystal City. The Corning Museum of Glass, housing the world's largest collection of glass art, is one of New York State's major tourist attractions. The town's restored 19th-century buildings along Market Street, Corning's main commercial strip in the Historic Gaffer District, has interesting storefronts and restaurants and is also worth a visit.
Corning at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Finger Lakes
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's