- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Lake trout as well as rainbows and browns can be found in Canandaigua Lake, which is 262 feet deep and hosts the Canandaigua Lake Trout Derby on the first weekend in June. www.canandaiguachamber.com.
Captain Bill Reeser runs Happy Hooker Charters. From April through October he takes up to six people out on Canandaigua Lake in his 25-foot boat. You might wind up just as happy as the client who, in 1992, hooked a 22¼-pound lake trout—the biggest on record from the lake. Captain Bill supplies the bait and tackle. City pier, S. Main St., Canandaigua, NY, 14424. 315/331–1265.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's