- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Emerson Park. The 133-acre park, 3 mi south of downtown Auburn, includes a beach on Owasco Lake, three boat-launch sites, picnic shelters, a playground, and a snack stand open daily in summer. Lifeguards are on duty Memorial Day to Labor Day. E. Lake Rd./Rte. 38A, Auburn, NY, 13021. 315/253–5611. co.cayuga.ny.us/parks/emerson. Parking $2. Daily dawn–dusk.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe