- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Professionals and families come to ski and board the 1,600-foot verticals, two terrain parks, tube park, and half pipe at Windham Mountain. Of the 39 downhill trails, 10 are set aside for beginners. Eight trails are for black-diamond skiers; six are double-black-diamond trails. You can arrange for valet and caddy service to greet your vehicle, take your skis, and meet you at the lift. The facility also offers perks like First Tracks Tickets, which allow you to hit the slopes an hour before the lifts open to the public ($15 additional). At the slope-side business center, wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and the Children's Learning Center keeps kids busy while their parents are carving on the mountain. There's also night skiing and tubing Friday nights until 10 pm, snowshoeing along mountain trails, and a new ice rink, which is lighted for night skating. From Memorial Day to Columbus Day, the Windham Mountain Adventure Park is in full swing; there's rock climbing, paintball, bungee trampoline, and a skateboard park. In fall, lift rides offer treetop views of the Catskills foliage. A shuttle bus operates from the town area. C. D. Lane Rd., Windham, NY. 518/734-4300; 800/754-9463; 800/729-4766 ski conditions. www.windhammountain.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Ski Area
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe