Golf in Stamford
Since 1897, the bucolic Stamford Golf Club has been delighting golfers with sweeping views of the Catskills and Mt. Utsayantha. You can relax over lunch on a veranda and then head back to the greens. Greens fees at this 18-hole, 6,285-yard course are $50, which covers two golfers and a cart. Facilities include a driving range, practice trap, putting green, and pro shop. Taylor Mountain Rd., Stamford, NY. 607/652-7398. www.stamfordgolfclub.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's