- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The family-oriented Ski Plattekill sits on 75 acres with 40 mi of cross-country trails, 20 mi of downhill trails, a 1,100-foot vertical drop, and a snow-tubing area. It averages 165 inches of snowfall a year, and has 85% snowmaking capability. Of its 35 trails, 20% are for novices; 40% are for intermediates; 20% are deemed difficult; and another 20% are for experts only. Expert skiers and snowboarders soar down the longest continuous vertical in the Catskills, while those in the learning stages can cruise for a couple of miles. Full-day passes are $37. The family-run lodge includes a cafeteria, ski shop, nursery, bar and lounge, and rental shop. 1 Plattekill Mountain Rd., east of Rte. 30, Roxbury, NY. 607/326-3500 or 800/633-3275. www.plattekill.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's