- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
From late April to early November, mountain bikers take over Ski Plattekill. With 70 trails covering 60-plus mi, a vertical drop of 1,100 feet, and two lifts, the park is considered one of the top mountain-biking venues in North America. Races for all ages and skills levels take place monthly, during which hundreds of aficionados pitch tents in the lower parking lot. An all-day trail-and-lift pass is $25. Instruction and rentals are available. 1 Plattekill Mountain Rd., east of Rte. 30, Roxbury, NY. 607/326-3500 or 800/633-3275. www.plattekill.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's