- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The par-36, 3,127-yard golf course called Shephard Hills was built in 1918 as part of the estate of Helen Gould Shephard. The 1911 stone clubhouse, originally a summer guesthouse, recalls the turn of the 20th century (you can grab a quick bite in the casual dining room). Greens fees, including cart rental, are $32. It's open April through October. Golf Course Rd., Roxbury, NY. 607/326-7121. www.shephardhills.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe