- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Narrow tree-lined fairways, water hazards, undulating greens, and dramatic elevation changes make the par-72 Blackhead Mountain Golf Course challenging for golfers. The $40 greens fee includes cart rental. A 19th-century barn with murals of dancing gnomes and Rip Van Winkle serves as clubhouse; a bar with a stone fireplace awaits inside, where you can order lunch. Crow's Nest Rd., Round Top, NY. 518/622-3157 or 888/382-7474. www.blackheadmountaingolf.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe