- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Known as Trout Town, U.S.A., Roscoe is the site of the protected Beaverkill and Willowemoc creeks, some of the most famous angling waters in the Northeast. Fly-fishing enthusiasts make pilgrimages to this Sullivan County community on the western edge of the Catskills to fish for rainbow, brook, and brown trout. And if that's not enough, the fabled waters of Junction Pool are where American dry-fly fishing is said to have gotten its start. You would think that the people of this village had gills—it's all fishing, all the time.
Roscoe at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in The Catskills
- Belleayre Mountain Ski Area
- Haines Falls
- Mount Tremper
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's