- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Eldred Preserve Review
At the restaurant on this 3,000-acre preserve kids can slip into the kitchen to watch the chef clean and prepare the trout they caught in one of the ponds and lakes. There are 12 trout dishes to choose from, including trout champignon (panfried in butter and served with sautéed mushrooms and wine sauce). The bourbon-smoked salmon appetizer, which comes with toast points and red-pepper jelly, is another specialty. The menu also includes chicken, steak, veal, lamb, and duck. You may spot deer sipping from a stream outside the window as you eat. There are also rustic cabin-style buildings with motel rooms (¢) for overnighting in the forest.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Fodor's editors are always traveling, and we love to share our favorite places and top finds. ... Read more
Two hundred years ago, on October 12, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig (who would later become King Ludwig I... Read more