- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Eldred Preserve Review
At the restaurant on this 3,000-acre preserve kids can slip into the kitchen to watch the chef clean and prepare the trout they caught in one of the ponds and lakes. There are 12 trout dishes to choose from, including trout champignon (panfried in butter and served with sautéed mushrooms and wine sauce). The bourbon-smoked salmon appetizer, which comes with toast points and red-pepper jelly, is another specialty. The menu also includes chicken, steak, veal, lamb, and duck. You may spot deer sipping from a stream outside the window as you eat. There are also rustic cabin-style buildings with motel rooms (¢) for overnighting in the forest.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $204-$228 -- NYC: Daily at 4-Star Hotel in Summer, 45% Off InterContinental New York Barclay
- $170-$191 -- NYC: Downtown Hotel on Weekends, Save 40% Holiday Inn Express New York City - Wall Street
- $15.78 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
Warning - this is pretty long!
My sister (60, from Rhode Island) and I (56, from Florida) decided it would be fun to spend Memorial Day weekend in New York City, specifically in Manhattan. She had bee Read more
First off, a big thank you to everyone for the help and advice, it was so appreciated! Read more
I have posted this before but the time is closely arriving. Read more
· News & Features
Fodor's editors are always traveling, and we love to share our favorite places and top finds.... Read more
Two hundred years ago, on October 12, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig (who would later become King Ludwig I... Read more