- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Windham Vineyard & Winery
Windham Vineyard & Winery Review
Sample up to 10 wines on a spacious deck overlooking the nearby mountains at the highest vineyard and winery in the Northeast. Cornerstone wines include a Riesling, chardonnay, and a variety of sweet and dessert wines. The wines are made in small batches using grapes from Windham's vineyard, a vineyard in the Finger Lakes, and a vineyard on Long Island. Tastings, sales, and tours are offered throughout the year; hours vary by season, so it's best to call ahead. To get here, take Route 23 West out of Windham, then turn right onto North Settlement Road. Drive 2.6 mi to Route 10, and turn left; the winery is 1 mi ahead on the left.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Fodor's editors are always traveling, and we love to share our favorite places and top finds. ... Read more
Two hundred years ago, on October 12, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig (who would later become King Ludwig I... Read more