- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Maverick Concert Series
Maverick Concert Series Review
Hervey White broke with Ralph Whitehead to form his egalitarian enclave for the arts, Maverick, in the woods outside Woodstock. In order to subsidize his dream, White staged a music and dramatic festival in 1915, thus beginning the Maverick Concert Series, the country's oldest continuously running summer chamber-music series. Every summer since has seen a confluence of world-class musicians drawn by superlative acoustics in a chapel renowned by audiophiles. An open-admission policy reflects its beginnings as a collaborative colony of artists; the faithful gather early to secure good seats. The season runs from late June to early September.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Fodor's editors are always traveling, and we love to share our favorite places and top finds. ... Read more
Two hundred years ago, on October 12, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig (who would later become King Ludwig I... Read more