- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Inn at Lake Joseph
At a Glance
- full range of summer/winter activities
- great wildlife watching
- far from dining, shopping
Check Rates from our Partners
Inn at Lake Joseph Review
Adjacent to a 250-acre lake and surrounded by forest, this property includes an 1860s manor house that's listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Large guest rooms have working fireplaces and whirlpool tubs; several have decks. Manor-house rooms have Victorian wallpaper, Oriental rugs, four-poster beds, and antiques. Carriage-house rooms, outfitted in Adirondacks-lodge style, have private entrances and beamed cathedral ceilings. Accommodations in the Adirondacks-style cottage have cathedral ceilings and full kitchens. Breakfast is served on the manor's veranda, and the complimentary snack bar is open all day. Recreational choices here abound.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Looking to visit the NE section of the US this summer with our teen daughters & need advice on how to plan.
We're hoping to spend 3-4 days in Boston, NYC, & Washington DC while spending a few days Read more
· News & Features
Fodor's editors are always traveling, and we love to share our favorite places and top finds. ... Read more
Two hundred years ago, on October 12, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig (who would later become King Ludwig I... Read more