- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
At a Glance
- a real getaway location, sense of fun pervades the property
- there isn't much near the property
- some may find the decor a bit overdone
Check Rates from our Partners
The Roxbury Review
There is so much going on here. Behind the chartreuse doors are 14 rooms and four suites that propel guests into the kitschy days of '60s and '70s sitcoms and cartoons. "Fred's Lair" has everything a Flintstone would need, furry lamp shades and all. Other themed rooms cover "The Jetsons," "The Partridge Family," and others. The intimate spa features a sauna, hot tub, massage area, and a shower tiled with soothing, smooth river stones. Owner Gregory Henderson is an obliging and energetic concierge, making sure that everything is just right.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Fodor's editors are always traveling, and we love to share our favorite places and top finds. ... Read more
Two hundred years ago, on October 12, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig (who would later become King Ludwig I... Read more