- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- a real getaway location, sense of fun pervades the property
- there isn't much near the property
- some may find the decor a bit overdone
The Roxbury Review
There is so much going on here. Behind the chartreuse doors are 14 rooms and four suites that propel guests into the kitschy days of '60s and '70s sitcoms and cartoons. "Fred's Lair" has everything a Flintstone would need, furry lamp shades and all. Other themed rooms cover "The Jetsons," "The Partridge Family," and others. The intimate spa features a sauna, hot tub, massage area, and a shower tiled with soothing, smooth river stones. Owner Gregory Henderson is an obliging and energetic concierge, making sure that everything is just right.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Fodor's editors are always traveling, and we love to share our favorite places and top finds. ... Read more
Two hundred years ago, on October 12, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig (who would later become King Ludwig I... Read more