- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Blackhead Mountain Lodge and Country Club
At a Glance
- recently renovated
- great room views
- very focused on golf
- must drive to all non-golf activities
Check Rates from our Partners
Blackhead Mountain Lodge and Country Club Review
The German-American Maassmann family, which owns this golf-focused lodge, has presided over this section of the Blackhead Mountains since 1967. Some of the motel-style rooms open onto balconies overlooking playgrounds, tennis courts, and the mountains. The restaurant specializes in German food: bratwurst, pepper steak, potato pancakes, sauerbraten, and Rouladen (German roulade), all with served side orders of spaetzle in a large, bright dining room with beer steins displayed on mantels.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Looking to visit the NE section of the US this summer with our teen daughters & need advice on how to plan.
We're hoping to spend 3-4 days in Boston, NYC, & Washington DC while spending a few days Read more
· News & Features
Fodor's editors are always traveling, and we love to share our favorite places and top finds. ... Read more
Two hundred years ago, on October 12, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig (who would later become King Ludwig I... Read more