- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Margaretville Mountain Inn
At a Glance
- reasonable rates
- good starting point for regional tours
- extra fee for children
- $5-per-night service fee
Margaretville Mountain Inn Review
This 1886 Queen Anne Victorian occupies 6 acres atop Margaretville Mountain, on the site of what was the region's first cauliflower farm. Bluestone steps lead to the 80-foot porch, where you can sit on wicker love seats and chairs while taking in sweeping views of the Catskill Mountains. Lace curtains veil the windows, and vintage photographs line the stairs leading to antiques-filled rooms. One room has a dramatic canopied brass bed. Breakfast is served on Royal Dalton china in a formal dining room. A hot tub occupies the old milk house.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Fodor's editors are always traveling, and we love to share our favorite places and top finds. ... Read more
Two hundred years ago, on October 12, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig (who would later become King Ludwig I... Read more