- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Old House on a Hill
At a Glance
- adorable decor
- great for a quiet weekend getaway
- must drive to activities
Old House on a Hill Review
If you're looking to get away from it all and want to avoid the cookie-cutter chains and megaresorts that dot the region, consider this modest and friendly country-style B&B. The three-story farmhouse, built in 1860, is on a hillside overlooking a meadow. Rooms are simple and have iron beds, quilts, and pine and maple furnishings.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Fodor's editors are always traveling, and we love to share our favorite places and top finds. ... Read more
Two hundred years ago, on October 12, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig (who would later become King Ludwig I... Read more