- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Zen Mountain Monastery
Zen Mountain Monastery Review
This monastery resides in a four-story bluestone–and–white oak church on 230 acres bordered by the Beaverkill and Esopus rivers. The building, constructed by Norwegian craftsmen at the turn of the 20th century, includes a 150-person meditation hall, a dining hall, and resident and guest quarters. The only way to visit is to partake in introductory Zen instruction—offered Wednesday evenings and as weekend retreats—or in the Sunday session of services, zazen (or sitting) meditation, and lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
I'm going to be in New York City (midtown) with my wife for a couple of days at the end of May.
We don't expect to use the subway more than a couple of times each way (going and then returning). We're Read more
· News & Features
Fodor's editors are always traveling, and we love to share our favorite places and top finds. ... Read more
Two hundred years ago, on October 12, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig (who would later become King Ludwig I... Read more