The Catskills Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Catskills Restaurant Reviews
Although Catskills cuisine used to be a misnomer, regional restaurants are changing their reputations, largely thanks to the nearby Culinary Institute of America in the Hudson Valley's Hyde Park. After graduation, many CIA students settle in the area and work in Catskills restaurants—or open their own. Combined with a movement to use fresh, local produce and farm products, the result is a plethora of superb dining choices. Most of the best restaurants are in the towns that draw New York City money—Windham, Woodstock, and Hunter—but smaller, more remote towns and villages also contain pleasant surprises. Dining in the region remains a casual experience, and few people dress for dinner.
Browse The Catskills Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's