- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Two trails lead you to the summit of Tremper Mountain, where an early-20th-century fire tower stands. The red-blazed Phoenicia Trail, the much shorter but steeper of the two, begins off Route 40 about 1 mi southeast of Phoenicia and climbs the western side of the mountain for 2¾ mi to the summit (at 2,740 feet). The 4.2-mi Willow Trail starts just west of the post office in the village of Willow, on Route 212 about 5 mi southeast of Phoenicia. 607/652–7365, 607/652–5076, or 607/652–5063. www.catskillcenter.org.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's