- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Phoenicia has been undergoing a transformation since the 1990s, when hipsters discovered the tiny hamlet. The number of creative individuals who have settled here, establishing funky boutiques and fine restaurants, is growing. Many out-of-towners come to Phoenicia to go tubing down Esopus Creek, and the Hunter and Belleayre ski resorts are an easy trip from here through the High Peaks area.
Phoenicia at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Catskills
- Belleayre Mountain Ski Area
- Haines Falls
- Mount Tremper
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's