- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In the pine-clad foothills at the southern edge of the Catskill Mountains—and roughly in the center of Sullivan County—this quiet community is one of the Catskill gateways. The village itself doesn't have much to offer visitors; it's the surrounding area, with its hilly forests and renowned fly-fishing streams, that's the main attraction.
Liberty at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in The Catskills
- Belleayre Mountain Ski Area
- Haines Falls
- Mount Tremper
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's