- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pastures and soft hills surround this village of barely 3,000 residents. The government seat of Delaware County, Delhi has some notable Federal architecture, mostly along Main Street. The brick 1878 county clerk's building anchors the western edge of the village square, with its Victorian gazebo and Civil War monument. Farming is still the main industry here. Each Wednesday from Memorial Day through October, area farmers bring their wares to market on the square. The State University of New York at Delhi is the other industry in town. The courses offered here reflect the region's cultural shift; the school was once known for its agricultural program, but today's students are more interested in the culinary arts and golf-management programs.
Delhi at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Catskills
- Belleayre Mountain Ski Area
- Haines Falls
- Mount Tremper
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's