- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This hamlet is the restaurant capital of the Delaware River valley. You can walk from fine-dining spots serving buffalo and other exotic fare to Italian eateries dishing out pasta dripping with pesto and vodka sauces, meander past antiques shops, and then head down to the banks of the Delaware. The yearly tractor parade (held the second Sunday in June, rain or shine) epitomizes the flavor of Callicoon: funny and fun-loving, with a reverence for its agricultural history. Pennsylvania is just on the other side of the Delaware.
Callicoon at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in The Catskills
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's