- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Several courses in the southern Catskills (Sullivan County) are highly rated and offer good value; standouts include the Grossinger Country Club's Big G and Little G courses and the Concord Resort & Golf Club's Monster course. (The course at the Villa Roma resort is another good option.) For the best golf in the southern Catskills, however, detour to the Nevele Grand Resort & Country's Club's 27 holes, designed by Robert Trent Jones and Tom Fazio. The resort is in Ellenville, at the eastern edge of the Catskills. In the northern Catskills you can play at the Windham Country Club, a course which earns high marks and was updated in 2008. Throughout the Catskills, the mountainous scenery provides a beautiful backdrop. Much of the terrain is rather curvy, with big elevation changes—but you'll also find gentler 9-hole courses.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's