- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Cyclists will find a mix of endurance-testing hills and flat straightaways. Throughout the region you can find marked bike trails, wide country roads, and no-vehicles-allowed rail trails. Bike-rental locations and tourism offices can provide information about specific routes.
In its online biking guide, the Sullivan County Visitor's Association outlines 14 suggested rides. 100 North St., Monticello, NY, 12701. 800/882-2287. www.scva.net.
The Delaware County Chamber of Commerce has information about the 19-mi Catskill Scenic Trail—an old railway path—and lists five bike routes on its Web site. 114 Main St., Delhi, NY, 13753. 607/746-2281. www.delawarecounty.org.
For challenging mountain biking, head for the ski resorts in the off-season, when they turn their trails over to two-wheeled enthusiasts. (The Ski Plattekill resort is one of the top mountain-biking spots in North America.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179 -- NYC: Weekends at Times Square Hotel, 40% Off The Milford NYC
- $191-$239 -- NYC: Hotel near Times Square incl. Holidays Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square West
- $1099 & up -- 7-Night Transatlantic Cruise, UK to NYC American Express Travel
- $17.79 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
- $191-$239 -- Midtown Manhattan Hotel incl. Fourth of July — $191-$239 Courtyard New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue