- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Belleayre Mountain Ski Area
Some of the villages and hamlets close to Belleayre have been experiencing resurgence, spurred by an influx of city folk escaping the rat race. In Margaretville, 9 mi east of Belleayre, boutiques and upscale restaurants are beginning to take root. A couple of miles before Margaretville is Arkville (blink, and you'll miss it), home to the Erpf Cultural Center and Delaware & Ulster Railroad. With half a dozen restaurants and places to stay, Pine Hill—a stone's throw from the Highmount-based ski resort—bustles by comparison. In Fleischmanns, 3 mi east of Belleayre, locals sit on their porches and Orthodox Jewish families stroll down the sleepy Main Street. Shandaken, at the junction of Routes 42 and 28, sits beside Esopus Creek.
Belleayre Mountain Ski Area at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Catskills
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's