- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Saranac Inn Golf & Country Club. Seymour Dunn, the Scottish architect and professional golfer, designed this course at the turn of the 20th century. Golf Digest magazine gives the par-72, 6,631-yard championship course 4½ stars. Greens fees are $65, including a cart. The complex includes a restaurant as well as a 10-room motel ($) with rooms overlooking the first tee. 125 Rte. 46, Saranac Lake, NY, 12983. 518/891–1402. www.saranacinn.com..
Thendara Golf Club. The 6,435-yard, par-72 course here was designed by Donald Ross and has a challenging back 9 holes. It rated four stars from Golf Digest magazine in 2004. Greens fees are $35, excluding carts. Rte. 28, just west of Old Forge, Thendara, NY, 13472. 315/369-3136. www.thendaragolfclub.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's