- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
White Pine Camp
At a Glance
- historic and serene
- use of canoes, kayaks, and rowboats is complimentary
- remote from restaurants and shops
White Pine Camp Review
The camp, built in 1907, has hosted many prominent guests. It was known as the "summer White House" after President Calvin Coolidge vacationed here in 1926. The location, amid majestic pines on 35 acres on Lake Osgood, is a big draw. The property encompasses several cabins, most of them 100 feet away from the water. All have kitchens or kitchenettes and fireplaces or woodstoves and are fully furnished. Only six cabins are open all year. From late June through Labor Day, the minimum stay is a week; a two-night minimum is usually required the rest of the year. Because the property is of historic and architectural interest, small tours sometimes come through the camp, including the guest cabins. The camp is 12 mi northwest of Saranac Lake.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 3-Star Kiwassa Lake Bed & Breakfast Fr $275+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $25/night less
- Jun deal: Kiwassa Lake Bed & Breakfast Fr $315+/Nt Expedia
A little history
Back in the day, (I say that because I’d rather not think of just how long it’s been) I was going to New York regularly for work. Read more
Warning - this is pretty long!
My sister (60, from Rhode Island) and I (56, from Florida) decided it would be fun to spend Memorial Day weekend in New York City, specifically in Manhattan. She had bee Read more
Me and my wife are planning to visit USA on August, and trying to build 8 days round trip from NY by car that will include Niagra Falls and Toronto.
We are looking for a nice combination o Read more