- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
The Georgian Review
The sprawling, family-owned resort has a private beach and a marina. Rooms have views of the lake, the pool, or the courtyard; some have private balconies or patios. Suites have sitting areas with sleeper sofas. Traditional dark-wood furniture is used throughout. The main dining room ($$–$$$) serves mostly Continental fare: steak au poivre, lobster ravioli, roast rack of lamb, scampi, and chateaubriand. From mid-May through October, the Terrace Room hosts dinner theater. Pros: situated right in the center of Lake George. Cons: accommodations are getting a little shabby.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
In December 2013/January 2014 my wife and I did a three week trip to the USA, with the aim of experiencing a proper North American winter. Read more
Planning a trip late June flying into Washington, DC, then driving to Philly, NY, and Boston (where we will fly home from). Read more