- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
High Peaks Resort
At a Glance
- right off Main Street and near just about everything in Lake Placid
- babysitting services are no longer available, though referrals are
Check Rates from our Partners
High Peaks Resort Review
The 7-acre waterfront property that once was the Hilton has now become the newly renovated High Peaks. The property has accommodations in two buildings, one on Main Street in the center of town and another on the water. The entire property has been redone, so everything is new, including the lobby, the rooms, and three new restaurants—the casual Dancing Bears; the fine-dining venue Reflections; and PRs, a warm, elegant bar with a double fireplace. The breakfast plan, which includes a morning nosh at the Dancing Bears, costs extra. Rooms throughout the updated property are attractive, with tasteful wooden furniture and furnishings. Rooms in waterfront buildings have either a balcony or a patio for views of the lake. Complimentary rowboats and paddleboats are offered to guests for use at the resort's access to Mirror Lake.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Looking to visit the NE section of the US this summer with our teen daughters & need advice on how to plan.
We're hoping to spend 3-4 days in Boston, NYC, & Washington DC while spending a few days Read more