- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hungry Trout Motor Inn Restaurant
Hungry Trout Motor Inn Restaurant Review
This restaurant near Whiteface Mountain Ski Center earns high marks for its American fare, served in an attractive dining space with cloth-covered tables, candles, and a wall of windows. A section of the menu is devoted to the restaurant's namesake, trout. The delectable fish may be panfried or served in more- complex ways but it's not all about the fish here. Options include Long Island duck and New York strip steak. The cozy pub serves hamburgers and sandwiches.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more