- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
At a Glance
- so much to do, you won't have to leave the resort
- breakfast only included in some packages
Check Rates from our Partners
Sagamore Resort Review
Occupying a 72-acre island on Lake George, the Sagamore is an escape to a bygone era. Accommodations in the 1883 colonial-revival main house have views of the lake or gardens. The decor, including marble bathrooms and handsome wood furniture, is elegant but not formal, while accommodations in the newer lodge buildings are country-chic. Lodge rooms have garden views; suites have gas fireplaces and a terrace with a lake view. The separate condo units (starting at about $600 a night in season) have two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, a living room, a dining area, and two lake-view terraces; leather couches, Adirondack-style furniture, and wood-burning fireplaces contribute to the lodge feel here. Notable facilities here include the spa and the sailing school.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more