- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Van Auken's Inne
At a Glance
- live music on the porch some nights
- some residents say the restaurant isn't as good as it was a few years ago
Check Rates from our Partners
Van Auken's Inne Review
Built in 1891 as a boardinghouse for lumberjacks, this historic country inn is easily identified by its two-story porch with rockers. Guest rooms, all on the second floor, have antiques and quilts; bed configurations vary from a double to two queens or a king. In the restaurant you can order a wide range of seafood or regional recipes like vodka riggies (rigatoni) or greens—a mix of sautéed escarole, cherry peppers, mozzarella, and bacon. The tavern also serves food, but you might want to try the "Fresh Seafood on the Porch" event, which features grilled seafood and live music.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more