- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Big Moose Inn and Restaurant
At a Glance
- complimentary canoe and kayak use
- the restaurant offers both fine and casual menus
- some furnishings are becoming dated
- no elevator
Check Rates from our Partners
Big Moose Inn and Restaurant Review
The large 1903 Adirondack inn on Big Moose Lake has a central fireplace, a cozy lounge, a front porch with rockers, a floating gazebo with checkerboards, and canoes. Accommodations, located in the three-story lodge, are simple and have brass beds. Most rooms have a lake view, and one has a fireplace and a whirlpool tub, but some rooms and common areas feel a little like granny's parlor. A restaurant serves American fare in an attractive space with lake views; and a deck with umbrella-shaded tables offers lakeside dining.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more