- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
At a Glance
- very close to all kinds of outdoor adventures
- many lodgings are multiple-occupancy
Check Rates from our Partners
Adirondack Loj Review
The lodge, 5 mi south of Lake Placid, was built in 1927 on the shore of Heart Lake. It's run by the nonprofit Adirondack Mountain Club, which also runs the High Peaks Information Center here. The lodge has private rooms, family bunk rooms that sleep four to six, and a coed sleeping area with 18 beds. The main room has a stone fireplace, and the dining room serves homemade breads and soups. You may also order trail lunches here. There's a small beach on the property, and trailheads are steps away. The lodge has canoes and kayaks, and snowshoe and cross-country-ski rentals are available at the information center. Also on the grounds are two cabins, three canvas cabins, 36 campsites, and 36 lean-tos. A Modified American Plan for dining is available to lodge guests staying for three or five nights.
- Address: Adirondack Loj Rd., Box 867, off Rte. 73, Lake Placid, NY 12946 | Map It
- Phone: 518/523–3441
- Website: www.adk.org
- Location: Lake Placid
- 4 rooms, coed sleeping area with 18 beds, 4 family bunk rooms; all with shared baths.
- Rate includes breakfast, some meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Looking to visit the NE section of the US this summer with our teen daughters & need advice on how to plan.
We're hoping to spend 3-4 days in Boston, NYC, & Washington DC while spending a few days Read more