- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- situated right in the center of Lake George
- accommodations are getting a little shabby
Check Rates from our Partners
The Georgian Review
The sprawling, family-owned resort has a private beach and a marina. Rooms have views of the lake, the pool, or the courtyard; some have private balconies or patios. Suites have sitting areas with sleeper sofas. Traditional dark-wood furniture is used throughout. The main dining room ($$–$$$) serves mostly Continental fare: steak au poivre, lobster ravioli, roast rack of lamb, scampi, and chateaubriand. From mid-May through October, the Terrace Room hosts dinner theater.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more