- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Lake Placid Lodge
At a Glance
- gorgeous setting
- superior service
- peaceful, all-weather retreat
- nearly everything is included in the price
- may be too quiet for some travelers
Check Rates from our Partners
Lake Placid Lodge Review
Accommodations at this posh lakefront retreat, a member of the Relais & Châteaux group, have stone fireplaces, featherbeds, twig-and-bark furniture—including many one-of-a-kind pieces created by local artisans—and views of either the woods or Lake Placid. Some rooms have balconies. Lodge suites include a sitting room, often with a fireplace of its own; an extra-spacious bathroom with a large soaking tub; and either a private balcony or patio. A stay is pricey, but includes breakfast, afternoon tea, dinner, turndown service, and all activities on the property. Most of the cabins are one-room units with sitting areas and huge windows. The restaurant, Artisans, is a draw on its own and prepares new American fare.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $298-$335 -- NYC: Weekends at Stylish Midtown Hotel, 20% Off Sofitel New York
- $179 & up -- NYC Marriott Hotels thru August, 35% Off Marriott Hotels & Resorts
- $15.78 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
- $48.50 -- Percussive Troupe 'Stomp' in NYC, Reg. $78 'Stomp'
- $204-$228 -- NYC: Daily at 4-Star Hotel in Summer, 45% Off — $204-$228 InterContinental New York Barclay
A little history
Back in the day, (I say that because I’d rather not think of just how long it’s been) I was going to New York regularly for work. Read more
Warning - this is pretty long!
My sister (60, from Rhode Island) and I (56, from Florida) decided it would be fun to spend Memorial Day weekend in New York City, specifically in Manhattan. She had bee Read more
Me and my wife are planning to visit USA on August, and trying to build 8 days round trip from NY by car that will include Niagra Falls and Toronto.
We are looking for a nice combination o Read more