- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Lake Placid Lodge
At a Glance
- gorgeous setting
- superior service
- peaceful, all-weather retreat
- nearly everything is included in the price
- may be too quiet for some travelers
Check Rates from our Partners
Lake Placid Lodge Review
Accommodations at this posh lakefront retreat, a member of the Relais & Châteaux group, have stone fireplaces, featherbeds, twig-and-bark furniture—including many one-of-a-kind pieces created by local artisans—and views of either the woods or Lake Placid. Some rooms have balconies. Lodge suites include a sitting room, often with a fireplace of its own; an extra-spacious bathroom with a large soaking tub; and either a private balcony or patio. A stay is pricey, but includes breakfast, afternoon tea, dinner, turndown service, and all activities on the property. Most of the cabins are one-room units with sitting areas and huge windows. The restaurant, Artisans, is a draw on its own and prepares new American fare.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Looking to visit the NE section of the US this summer with our teen daughters & need advice on how to plan.
We're hoping to spend 3-4 days in Boston, NYC, & Washington DC while spending a few days Read more