- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Garnet Hill Lodge
At a Glance
- family and pet friendly
- there's a fee for additional people in room
Garnet Hill Lodge Review
Overlooking mountains and a pristine lake 5 mi from Gore Mountain Ski Center, this Adirondack inn was built in the tradition of the great camps. Accommodations are housed in four buildings, including the Log House, which has hewn beams and posts, a wide front porch, and mountain and lake views. Rooms combine paneled walls with contemporary, rustic-style furnishings; some rooms have balconies. The 600-acre complex includes a cross-country-skiing and mountain-biking center. The lodge also has canoes, rowboats, sailboats, and paddleboats and hosts ski programs for kids. The Saturday buffet dinner is a highlight at the restaurant.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more