- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Garnet Hill Lodge
At a Glance
- family and pet friendly
- there's a fee for additional people in room
Check Rates from our Partners
Garnet Hill Lodge Review
Overlooking mountains and a pristine lake 5 mi from Gore Mountain Ski Center, this Adirondack inn was built in the tradition of the great camps. Accommodations are housed in four buildings, including the Log House, which has hewn beams and posts, a wide front porch, and mountain and lake views. Rooms combine paneled walls with contemporary, rustic-style furnishings; some rooms have balconies. The 600-acre complex includes a cross-country-skiing and mountain-biking center. The lodge also has canoes, rowboats, sailboats, and paddleboats and hosts ski programs for kids. The Saturday buffet dinner is a highlight at the restaurant.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more