- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Old Mill Restaurant
Old Mill Restaurant Review
This popular restaurant and bar is housed in a converted mill, complete with a huge waterwheel. It's a place seasonal residents come back to, and that's probably because the restaurant does Adirondack fare—hearty, warming food in large portions—very, very well. The beef and barley stew or the cheddar cheese soup are consistent favorites. And while you may have a wait since reservations aren't accepted, the fare and comfortable surroundings will make up for it.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more