- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Thousand Islands Inn
Thousand Islands Inn Review
The late-1800s inn, in downtown Clayton, is said to be the first place to have served Thousand Island salad dressing. You can guess what the house dressing is today. The restaurant is known for its game dishes—broiled quail on a bed of wild rice or sautéed venison medallions in demi-glace, for example. But the menu is extensive and includes pasta, fish, pork, lamb, steak, chicken, and veal dishes. Try one of its signature dishes—Beef Continental, which comes with two cooked-to-order steaks. One is topped with a savory blue-cheese-and-herb mix, the other with a red-wine demi-glace.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
I just moved from Vermont to NY for a Job, and being that i'm from a very small town i'm having some trouble figuring out commuting! Read more