- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Tibbetts Point Lighthouse
Tibbetts Point Lighthouse Review
One of the oldest lighthouses on the Great Lakes looks out over the outlet of Lake Ontario. The Coast Guard left in 1981, and the building is now used as a youth hostel. Off-season reservations at the hostel must be made by e-mail at TibbettsPoint@hiusa.org. The lighthouse is 12 mi west of Clayton.
- Address: 33435 Rte. 6, Cape Vincent, NY 13608 | Map It
- Phone: 315/654–2700 for lighthouse; 315/654–3450 for hostel
- Cost: Free; small fee to stay in hostel
- Hours: Late May–mid-June, Fri.–Mon. 10–7; mid-June–early Sept., daily 10–7
- Website: www.capevincent.org/lighthouse
- Location: Clayton
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more