- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tibbetts Point Lighthouse
Tibbetts Point Lighthouse Review
One of the oldest lighthouses on the Great Lakes looks out over the outlet of Lake Ontario. The Coast Guard left in 1981, and the building is now used as a youth hostel. Off-season reservations at the hostel must be made by e-mail at TibbettsPoint@hiusa.org. The lighthouse is 12 mi west of Clayton.
- Address: 33435 Rte. 6, Cape Vincent, NY 13608 | Map It
- Phone: 315/654–2700 for lighthouse; 315/654–3450 for hostel
- Cost: Free; small fee to stay in hostel
- Hours: Late May–mid-June, Fri.–Mon. 10–7; mid-June–early Sept., daily 10–7
- Website: www.capevincent.org/lighthouse
- Location: Clayton
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more