- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Whiteface Mountain Review
Though only the fifth-highest in the region, Whiteface Mountain is one of the best-known mountains in the Adirondacks. Veterans Memorial Highway twists and climbs 8 mi to the top of the mountain. Close to the peak is a parking lot; from here you can ride an elevator or hike the rest of the way up. Scenic gondola rides are available in the summer.
- Address: 12997 Veterans Memorial Hwy., Wilmington, NY 12997 | Map It
- Phone: 518/946–2223 Ext. 214
- Cost: $9 per car and driver, $4 each additional passenger. $17 per person for gondola rides
- Hours: Access to the drive is available late May–early July, daily 9–4; early July–early Sept., daily 8:30–5; rest of Sept., daily 9–4; call for Oct. times. Gondola rides to the top of the mountain are available daily 10–4 mid-June–Sept. 1 and on weekends Sept. 5–Oct. 9.
- Website: www.whiteface.com
- Location: Wilmington
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Looking to visit the NE section of the US this summer with our teen daughters & need advice on how to plan.
We're hoping to spend 3-4 days in Boston, NYC, & Washington DC while spending a few days Read more