The Adirondacks and Thousand Islands Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Adirondacks and Thousand Islands Restaurant Reviews
Haute cuisine is essentially nonexistent except for in a few places like the Lake Placid area and Lake George in the Adirondacks, and Alexandria Bay and Clayton in the Thousand Islands-Seaway area. Food is generally simple, good, and mostly American (especially steak and seafood). Meals at traditional lodges tend to be for guests, although many establishments accept nonguests for dinner. Indeed, some of the best food in the Adirondacks is served in resort and inn restaurants. There are a few fine breweries.
Browse The Adirondacks and Thousand Islands Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's