The Adirondacks and Thousand Islands Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Adirondacks and Thousand Islands Restaurant Reviews
Haute cuisine is essentially nonexistent except for in a few places like the Lake Placid area and Lake George in the Adirondacks, and Alexandria Bay and Clayton in the Thousand Islands-Seaway area. Food is generally simple, good, and mostly American (especially steak and seafood). Meals at traditional lodges tend to be for guests, although many establishments accept nonguests for dinner. Indeed, some of the best food in the Adirondacks is served in resort and inn restaurants. There are a few fine breweries.
Browse Adirondacks and Thousand Islands Restaurants
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe